The obligations weighing on tenants are listed in decree n ° 87-712 of August 26, 1987, made in application of article 7 of law n ° 86-1290 of December 23, 1986.
Ceilings, walls, partitions
- Paintings and tapestries fittings
- Replacement of coating materials (earthenware, mosaic, plastic, etc.)
- The filling of holes (following the installation of paintings, mirrors etc.)
- Tiling, linoleum, carpet (fitting in the event of holes, stains, etc.)
- Parquet (waxing, vitrification, replacement of boards, etc.)
Cupboards and joinery
- Replacement of shelves, cleats, closet closers
- Maintenance of baseboards, moldings and moldings
- Fixing fittings and woodwork spikes.
- Water and gas pipes
- Septic tanks
- Sanitary appliances
- Replacement of gaskets and collars.
Namely: water leaks due to the dilapidated pipes, are the responsibility of the owner.
- Taps, siphons and ventilation openings
- Replacement of flexible connection pipes.
- Emptying septic tanks, sumps and cesspools
Note: the cleaning of the septic tank, on the other hand, falls under the obligations of the lessor.
Heating, hot water and taps
- The bimetals
- Water boxes
- Ignition (piezoelectric)
- The valves
- Gaskets for gas appliances
- Rinse and clean the heating elements and pipes
- Replace the gaskets, valves and stuffing boxes on the valves
- Replace the gaskets, floats and bell gaskets of the toilet flushes
Sinks and sanitary ware
- Cleaning of lime deposits
- Replacement of flexible shower hoses
Note: unless otherwise indicated, the annual maintenance of the individual boiler is the responsibility of the tenant.
- Circuit breakers and fuses
- The lightbulbs
- Light tubes
- Protective rods or sheaths
Equipment mentioned in the rental contract:
- The fridge
- Washing machine
- The clothes dryer
- Extractor hoods
- Solar collectors
- Heat pumps
- Sealed furniture
- Ice creams and mirrors.
Note: unless otherwise specified, the tenant will sweep the smoke and gas evacuation ducts and ventilation ducts (boiler, chimney, etc.).
The purchase and installation of a smoke detector, compulsory since March 8, 2015, is the responsibility of the lessor. But its maintenance is the responsibility of the tenant.
Doors and windows
- Lubrication of hinges, hinges, bolts and locks
- Door knobs and handles, hinges and closing mechanisms
- Replacement of lost or damaged keys
- The change of sealants,
- The replacement of broken, cracked windows.
Blinds and shutters
- Lubrication of the mechanism
- Replacement of ropes, pulleys and blind slats
Note: the tenant must only repair the shutters if he is the cause of the degradation.
In the event of wear or deterioration, the repair is the responsibility of the lessor.
- Their cleaning, lubrication and replacement of bolts or the lock.
- The aisles (weeding, cleaning, etc.)
- The lawn (mowing ...)
- The beds (watering, pruning, etc.)
- The pools and swimming pool (cleaning, etc.)
- Trees and shrubs (pruning, pruning, weeding, replacement and repair of watering installations, etc.)
Awnings, terraces, awnings
- The disgorging of downspout conduits, gutters
Leasehold Repair Guide, Adobe Acrobat PDF document: rental_reparations_guide.pdf
Find an emergency store for the common areas
Often times, devices that decide to die, or electricity problems, water damage or other celebrations come at really inconvenient times. For example, on Saturday evening, when you come back from your cinema session, you discover that water is pearling in the hall of your apartment. Looking quickly, you realize that the water is coming from the common areas, but you don't know where exactly. Obviously, you can't just leave it that way or you'll end up with a hole in the ceiling, but who to call on a Saturday night? Usually, you can turn to the condominium trustee who will bring in a service provider, but at this time and in addition on the weekends, there is no one to help you.
In this case, unless there is a concierge or caretaker available to help you, you will have no other solution than to call a provider to perform a service. emergency repair in common premises. In contexts like this where you have to act quickly while being sometimes stressed, you quickly dial the number of the first craftsman that you find on the Internet. However, this option can cost you very dearly, in the true sense of the word! Some professionals sometimes take advantage of the situation and your ignorance of the market to invoice astronomical sums.
To avoid this kind of inconvenience, we can only recommend that you build up a book of reliable contacts located near your home. The company Proxipros offers in particular an emergency breakdown service thanks to craftsmen located less than 30 minutes from your home. No more endless waiting for an intervention, and expensive travel costs!