What is medical commission for driving license in Paris ? In this article, you will find all the information you need to understand and successfully pass before this court. Whether you are a driver looking for information or someone interested in the subject, we have gathered all the important aspects of the medical commission here.
What is the driving license medical commission?
The medical commission is a body responsible for assessing the medical fitness of drivers. It intervenes in particular in the following cases:
- Application for reinstatement of the right to drive after a cancellation or suspension of the driving license
- Compulsory periodic medical examination for certain categories of license (C, D, E license)
- Medical examination for medical reasons (illness, accident, disability, etc.)
To carry out these evaluations, the medical commission is made up of approved doctors, who base themselves on precise criteria to judge the ability of each person to drive without danger for themselves and for others.
Temporary capacity or permanent incapacity
At the end of the medical examination, the doctors of the medical commission can give different opinions:
- Full ability: in this case, the driver can drive without restriction.
- Partial or temporary fitness: restrictions may be imposed on the driver (duration of validity of the licence, wearing of glasses, specific fittings of the vehicle, etc.).
- Definitive incapacity: the driver is not considered fit to drive and has his right to drive withdrawn.
The medical commission in Paris: methods and procedures
If you are concerned by a passage in front of the medical commission paris driving license, it is important to know the steps to follow to best prepare for this step.
Make an appointment with the medical committee
To go before the medical commission in Paris, it is necessary to make an appointment. The easiest way is to contact the police Department of Paris, which manages the medical commissions for the capital. You can also complete this process online, using the appointment system offered on the site for a quick meeting prefecture of paris.
The documents to provide
During your appearance before the medical commission, you will have to present several documents:
- A proof of identity (identity card, passport)
- A recent proof of residence (electricity bill, tax notice, etc.)
- Your driver's license
- Cerfa form n°14880*02 duly completed and signed
- A medical certificate issued by a licensed doctor, dated less than two months
Cost and duration of the medical examination before the medical commission in Paris
The medical examination before the medical commission in Paris is subject to a fixed cost, which varies according to the situation:
- For requests to restore the right to drive after a cancellation or suspension: the cost is €33.
- For periodic medical examinations (permit C, D, E): the cost is 50€.
- For medical examinations for medical reasons: the cost is 25€.
The duration of the medical examination also varies from case to case. In general, count between 30 minutes and 1 hour to pass in front of the commission. It is important to arrive on time for the appointment, because the committees have a very busy schedule.
Deadline for obtaining the decision of the medical committee
After your appearance before the medical commission, it generally takes a period of 15 days to 1 month to receive the decision by mail. If the commission considers that you are fit to drive, it will send its decision directly to the police headquarters, which will update your driving licence.
Challenge the decision of the medical committee
If you are not satisfied with the decision made by the medical commission for the driving license in Paris, it is possible to dispute it. To do this, you must create a dispute file and send it to the Paris police headquarters. This file must include:
- A letter of dispute explaining the reasons for your disagreement
- All the documents necessary to support your argument (results of medical examinations, testimonials, etc.)
The prefecture will examine your file and may refer a new medical commission to re-examine your situation. This process can take several months. In conclusion, the passage before the medical commission for the driving license in Paris is an important step in the life of a driver. It is therefore important to be well prepared and to scrupulously follow all the steps necessary to succeed in this stage.